Professionals from the USA, Russia, UK, Spain and Poland gathered together to help other professionals and their clients experience online mediation in a family law case. The times of the pandemic affected family members all over the world. Some of the visitation orders/contact rights cannot happen or be enforced. Cross-border family relationships may encounter obstacles, necessitating mediation to help bring repair and resolution to difficult conflicts.
In this video you will see:
1. how a mediator can help parties reach compromise;
2. how easy and comforting the online mediation can be for the parties;
3. the role of an attorney – the party’s representative in mediation, bringing proposals, motivating the party and offering instant legal help;
4. how the ZOOM online mediation works, featuring the breakout rooms for caucus mediation;
5. and how the mediation agreement can be signed online, ending up the mediation process with success
0:23 MEDIATOR’S OPENING STATEMENT
8:06 PRESENTING THE EVIDENCE ONLINE IN MEDIATION BY SCREEN SHARING
16:36 MEDIATOR EXPLAINING THE BREAKOUT ROOMS to do the CAUCUS MEDIATION and the broadcast feature to communicate with the participants
17:28 PARTIES MOVED INTO MEDIATION IN CAUCUS ROOMS / BREAKOUT ROOMS
1:08:38 PARTIES RETURNED TO MEDIATE IN MAIN SESSION / MAIN ROOM
1:14:00 MEDIATOR PREPARING FIRST DRAFT OF MEDIATION AGREEMENT
1:14:50 PRESENTING THE DRAFT MEDIATION SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT and amending the agreement
1:23:37 MEDIATOR PRESENTING THE E-SIGNING PROCEDURE, electronic signing of the binding mediation settlement agreement
1:29:31 MEDIATOR’S CLOSING STATEMENT NOTE: due to the educational and awareness-bringing purposes of this video, some of the legal and jurisdictional issues were simplified.