Things Judges Consider in a Child Custody Case
Fran Brochstein of Familylaw4u.com joins with Mac and Natalia of OPLawyers.org to cover some basic things they’ve seen judge consider when deciding custody cases. Parents sometimes find out the hard way that custody battles usually turn into which parent can present better evidence to make the other parent look more unfit. Pick up some pearls of wisdom from this clip and capture why sometimes parents should look to just privately mediate a negotiated settlement than take their risks with the judge.
Some things judges consider include:
1. Whether you are willing to co-parent with the other parent.
2. Whether one parent shows a pattern of bad behavior.
3. Whether one parent wants it all or nothing.
4. Neutral witness testimony.
5. Whether you keep your children out of the middle.